- A powerful antioxidant that supports healthy immune function
- Positively affects mood with stimulating and refreshing properties
- Used as an aromatic, topical, and internal cleanser
- Promotes emotional balance and well-being
Extraction Method: Cold pressed/expressed
Aromatic Description: Citrus, tart, sweet
Main Chemical Components: Limonene , beta-pinene, gamma terpinene
Lime Essential Oil
Cold-pressed from the peel of fresh limes, doTerra Lime Essential Oil is refreshing and energising in both aroma and taste. Limes are frequently used in entrees and beverages for their fresh, citrus flavour.
In the 18th century, British sailors drank lime juice daily to prevent scurvy while as sea, thus giving British seamen the nickname "Limeys".
Lime essential oil contains powerful antioxidants that ward off free radicals and enhance immunity.
Due to its high limonene content, lime provides internal cleansing benefits and can be diffused to help purify the air.
Its also an effective and natural surface cleaner.
Lime is known for its ability to uplift mood and balance and energise the mind and body.
Lime is frequently used in facial and body cleansers for its purifying properties and uplifting scent.
- Diffuse to cleanse the air and uplift your mood.
- Put some Lime essential oil on a cotton pad to help remove grease spots and sticker residue.
- Add a drop of Lime essential oil to your drinking water for enhanced flavor and antioxidants.
- Add 1 drop to your facial cleanser or shampoo for added cleansing properites.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTerra Fractionated Coconut oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children.
If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.